Today's nature calendar task:
Start garden seeds indoors.
We started a few seeds this week.
Last week we went to a gardening show. We picked up some free mystery seeds. I had the dish covered with plastic wrap to keep the soil moist and a bit of white mold started to grow. If you've experienced the white mold, and know what to do about it, please leave me a comment!
We also picked up some free milkweed seeds. I had wanted more milkweed in my garden.
We will plant our tomatosphere seeds this week. There are two packages. One package contains regular tomato seeds, and the other package has seeds that have been exposed to a simulated Mars atmosphere.
I'm still planning what to do with my garden this year. I tried some vegetables last year, but my garden is too small and shady. This year I think I'll try a bog garden. I also want to put in a water feature to attract the birds.

No comments:
Post a Comment