Today's nature calendar task:
Prune back your roses 6 to 8 inches from the ground.
I have only one rose bush, and it is a climbing rose. The rules for pruning climbing roses are different from normal roses, and are a bit confusing, as it depends on which kind of climbing rose you have, and how often it blooms.
I think this year I will build a trellis for this rose, until now I have been tying it to the railing of our porch.
I pruned my climbing rose. The kids watched and pointed out all the thorns. I took off any smaller side branches, and then trimmed 6 inches off the ends of the remaining branches. It looks good.
Prune back your roses 6 to 8 inches from the ground.
I have only one rose bush, and it is a climbing rose. The rules for pruning climbing roses are different from normal roses, and are a bit confusing, as it depends on which kind of climbing rose you have, and how often it blooms.
I think this year I will build a trellis for this rose, until now I have been tying it to the railing of our porch.
I pruned my climbing rose. The kids watched and pointed out all the thorns. I took off any smaller side branches, and then trimmed 6 inches off the ends of the remaining branches. It looks good.

1 comment:
I love the focus of your blog both because of it's natural subject matter and because I too an a photographer.
Thanks!
Larry
http://dadshomeschool.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment