Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nature in my backyard

A red-breasted nuthatch
Welcome! I've created this blog as a space to display some of my photos and to encourage myself to take more. Most of my photos will be either of my kids, or of something from nature. I'm hoping to improve my photographic techniques along the way. Enjoy the pictures!

This nuthatch is a frequent visitor to our birdfeeders. He will furtively steal a seed and then dash away to a nearby tree trunk.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I love your photos. Photography is also a hobby of mine. I liked the photography tips in the Bottlegrass picture. By the way, I found your blog because of a post listed on Ambleside Online.

naturegirl said...

Thanks for visiting Melissa! I'm hoping to post a new photo everyday (or every other day). I'm also hoping to put up some natural history information on the nature subjects.

Anonymous said...

test