Today’s nature calendar task:
Build a wren's home for your backyard.
We enjoyed building our bluebird house. I think it took my husband an hour to build. It should be easy to convince him to build us a wren house. He is currently working on a bird bath fountain design using the water pump from our pond.
I have noticed the birds taking dust baths on our deck in the mud the kids left behind from making mud pies. Maybe I'll set up a dust bath station too!
The book Molly suggested has a wren birdhouse design, as well as tons of other backyard bird ideas. It is called 'Projects for the Birder's Garden'. I found a copy at my local library. You can also do a google search on wren birdhouse plans and lots of free designs will come up.
Build a wren's home for your backyard.
We enjoyed building our bluebird house. I think it took my husband an hour to build. It should be easy to convince him to build us a wren house. He is currently working on a bird bath fountain design using the water pump from our pond.
I have noticed the birds taking dust baths on our deck in the mud the kids left behind from making mud pies. Maybe I'll set up a dust bath station too!
The book Molly suggested has a wren birdhouse design, as well as tons of other backyard bird ideas. It is called 'Projects for the Birder's Garden'. I found a copy at my local library. You can also do a google search on wren birdhouse plans and lots of free designs will come up.

No comments:
Post a Comment